Monday 6 July 2015

WRECK'D WITH CHUM | LET THE WRECKING BEGIN.


It's been a year since I moved to korea and you have no idea how much it sucks to have your chum bum be 6 hours away in another country.

So this trip back we bought a book that we've both been eyeing; Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith. 


We both decided to deviate from the classic black so I got the one with brown grocery bag-looking cover and chum chose a metallic silver-y one you can check out on her blog. We both decided to take it up a notch and blog weekly as we uncover the rest of the pages (also in an effort to get my lazy ass to actually continue blogging).

Wreck This Journal isn't just a normal book.  I'd say it's more like the lazy person's version of a scrapbook, complete with instructions and ways to literally wreck the journal. The trick is to not be afraid of going cray on the book and not worrying about keeping it perfect.

Intro page that I have done but can't include because... privacy. idek. 

The plan is to complete the journal by doing a random new page everyday, just for the extra element of surprise and fun. As for the page number, we decided to be a little different and number the pages as we go. 


PAGE ONE (Friday, 3/7/15): Write one word over and over. 


So as an introduction to the book, I thought 'hello' would be an appropriate word. It was between this and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious so.. yeah. Also I used eyeliner for the 'hello' in the middle and bits of the liner started breaking off, hence the bullet hole looking dots. 


It was a pretty iffy start and my hand started hurting halfway through but seeing the end product made it all worth it.


PAGE TWO (Saturday, 4/7/15): Tear strips RIP IT UP! 

pretty self explanatory and simple for a change.


Ended up looking like a deformed octopus but i dunno i kinda like it.


PAGE THREE (Sunday, 5/7/15): Trace your hand. 

Figured tracing my hand in the cliche position was way too boring so i channeled my inner ET for this entry. 

did some sketching so it didn't just look like a naked chicken and continued to have way too much fun decorating the page. 


Definitely enjoyed this page the most since I haven't done anything remotely artsy in a while. Hoping this project helps to hone my rusty creative senses and I'm looking forward to try out the more outrageous pages!

____

So that's it for now.

We thought it would be better to start our weekly posts on monday, just so it seems more systematic (also since we're horribly ocd) so these are the first 3 days since we couldn't wait to get started. Over the week we will be doing a page a day and posting our results at the end of the week.

This is shaping up to a pretty fun project that I can still do daily with my chummeh even if we're miles apart so I'm really looking forward to seeing how the end product turns out. I'm still playing it pretty safe for now but once it gets to the crazier pages I'm pretty sure it's all gonna change.

 Do check out my dear chum bum mcgum's posts over at her blog & website.  She's a whole lot better at this blogging thing so any of her readers checking this out, please bear with me. We're gonna be doing different pages everyday so for a different perspective do check her posts every week too!

Till next week,


x

No comments:

Post a Comment